Call Centre Agent
The SMH Call Centre provides 24×7 operations answering internal locating calls as well as external patient inquiries. The Call Centre Agent is responsible for effectively and efficiently handling internal and external telephone calls, patient inquiries and emergency calls in order to directly contribute to the professional and positive image of the Hospital. The Call Centre Agent should be flexible to work weekends, early and late hours as well as occasional regular hours to provide 24×7 switch board and locating coverage.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates switchboards and works as part of a team to effectively handle incoming telephone calls, including locating system and paging service equipment and effectively respond to emergency calls for cardiac, trauma, and fire.
- Performs computer searches for patient information.
- Uses computer technology to update the on-call schedules daily, Hospital Directory, and data entry of information for dispatch and faxing.
- Maintains a positive image of the Hospital in telephone and personal communication, with patients, vendors, staff, visitors and external callers.
- Has knowledge and familiarity with the Hospital’s services and personnel, thereby having ability to direct calls to the appropriate party or provide accurate information.
- Responds appropriately to others in difficult/sensitive situations.
- May perform other duties as requested.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written English communication and reading skills in order to effectively communicate and/or respond to patient, visitor, or staff inquiries as required.
- Keyboarding at 40 wpm with working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated initiative and use of good judgment in all areas required by the position.
- Well developed organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to maintain composure while performing multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with proven success in working in a team environment.
- Previous switchboard experience in a busy environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Record of reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, sitting for up to 7 ½ hours per day, excellent eye and hand coordination while speaking and listening, and typing for an extended period.
In this position, if this department offers day, evening, night, weekend and/or statutory holiday shifts, you may be required to work these shifts on a rotational basis as per the specific needs of the department.