Marketing Manager Jobs – New York
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin’s Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
- Serve as a critical point of contact for the publishers, editors and authors
- Develop wide scale, integrated marketing campaigns
- Cultivate audience development strategies and work closely with the team to execute them
- Develop Sell-In and Marketing Materials in communication with our Ad Promo and Sales Teams
- Conduct consumer and industry facing outreach efforts
- Ability to foster and develop partnerships and co-promotional opportunities
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Possess a keen understanding of book marketing
- Have a passion for nonfiction – political, business, history, etc.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication, organization and writing skills
- Willingness to learn new programs as job dictates
- 2-3 years of marketing or publishing experience
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree